Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Where's my mojo gone?

Hi everyone. We've been having a little heatwave here in the UK so out came the suntan lotion, shorts and hats except mine has been thrown about the car covered in who knows what which I very much doubt will wash out. Now I have this problem with hats in that they don't suit me although Stuart tells me this isn't true but while at our holiday apartment last weekend we trailed round all the shops trying to find one. What did I end up with but a man's trilby! I keep telling Stuart that the men's stuff is usually better than the women's. Thanks to the lady on a makeup counter for suggesting it as she had just bought one and it was in the sale too, Yay!

I'm having a real mojo problem in that I just haven't been motivated to make any cards and the few I have aren't very good. I've got a song going round in my head where I've changed the lyrics to 'where's my mojo gone, where's my mojo gone' instead. If you know which song I'm talking about it will now drive you mad all day, sorry :D! 

Anyway, today's card is from last year again made for my hairdresser which she's framed and put on her son's nursery wall.




A close up of the little cutie...



and the inside edge...



Card Ingredients.


Card Blank- 6" x 6" Craftwork Cards.
Stamps- LOTV 'Heaven Sent'.
Sentiment- Marianne Design 'CS0923' (& footprints).
Papers- Maja Designs 'Vintage Baby'.
Inks- Memento 'Tuxedo Black' & 'Toffee Crunch'.
Distress Inks 'Faded Jeans' & 'Walnut Stain'.
Medium- Copic Marker Pens 'Ciao and Sketch'.
Dies- Spellbinders 'Labels Eight' & 'Classic Scalloped Heart'.
Paper Smooches 'Stars'
La La Land Crafts 'Flag Banner'.
Joy Crafts 'Alphabet & Numbers 6002/0141'.
Magnolia Doohickey Box 'Volume 10 (white filigree heart).
Ribbon- docrafts Papermania 'Craft Collection'.
Other Stuff- 'Pearl hearts' from Chloe Creative Cards.
Stickles in 'Stardust'.

Chris and Lexi have now decided that Seoul in South Korea is their favourite city so far as there is so much to do and lots more themed cafés :D. They also love the really friendly people non of whom have asked Chris for a photo, just looked at him interestingly.

Lexi with a plant pot dessert, Banana Tiramisu.


Chris and Lexi in the tiniest bathroom ever in their hostel. Lexi is about 5'6" so you can see what it's like for Chris' 6'9" height! 

Right off to give my mojo a good talking to when I find it of course. Keep well and happy :).

Debra x







16 comments:

  1. Debra, I love the image and your coloration is great!
    Have a wonderful Summer day!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous love it. You need to find that mojo, maybe it is sunbathing. I love hats for Winter but rarely wear one in Summer, makes my head too hot and the hair a disaster zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest card and love the whole design here. Oh boy, I hate hats too and feel like a dork with one on.
    Awesome photos nothing like a tiny bathroom built for dwarfs maybe.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful card Debra. Love the cute image and beautiful papers. Your colouring is amazing too.
    I want let you know, that I have received your wonderful candy today. Thank you and thank you for all extra goodies and wonderful greeting card and best wishes. I am really happy. Thank you for your kindness.
    Hugs, Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me smile! :) I don't know the song you are talking about, but surely it's a fun song that can run in mind again and again :) Such sweet, delicious and cute card you made for your hairdresser!! It's full of fabulous details and the image is really adorable! LOVE the little feets stamped inside, the beautiful distressed paper, the lovely banner, the cute bow, the diecuts and the bit of sparkling on some edges!!! The sentiment is so sweet!!
    Pinned! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524492144634/
    I smiled and laught too for the shots of Chris and Lexi, soooo fun! That bath is really stunning with your son inside! LOL :D
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debra, wishing you mojo returns soon and that song comes to an end, a lovely card for your hairdresser and her little boy, lovely colours and all the wonderful die cuts, no wonder she framed it for the nursery wall. As for hats, some people look great in them, others not so much, me, I'm like you and agree with Annie, I feel like a dork in them. Love the pics of Lexie and Chris, gave me a giggle with Chris bent over like that, quite like my older brother, although he isn't 6'9" .... lets try and change your tune, Happy Mojo is here again, Happy Mojo is here to stay... Have a wonderful week.... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my friend!! Oh now I think this card is so sweet! I do love that image and your little foot printed really adds a nice touch to this too! :) I know what you mean about MOJO, I've been feeling the same way until recently which is why I had to step away for a bit. Hope you feel it returning to you soon and get your crafty beat going again! Wishing you all the best and lots of MOJO HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is lovely Debra, such a sweet image and love all your pretty details. I never have much of a mojo when it's hot... and really, no one wants a sweaty card do they lol! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have the same song in my head!!! Hehee hope both of us manage to find our mojo!! I am just getting around to visiting my favorite blogger pals and you always make me smile!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, your card looks perfect, such soft colours ... and all these details, just amazing.
    yes, I have the same problems with mojo, sometimes I can't find it either and I just don't make any cards for a while ...
    I wear hat only on my vacation, I don't have the courage to wear it regularly.
    great photos, the banana tiramisu looks interesting and the bathroom too, uf.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your super cute card, it is so sweet.
    Interesting photos, like them as well
    Have a great day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debra, I can certainly see why the card is famed and put up on the wall it's stunning. I love the soft blue colour scheme and the name banner is such a great idea. Beautifully embellished and your sentiment is just perfect. Hope your Mojo comes back soon. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just beautiful!!Wonderful photos.
    Oh by the way...I know that song..LOL!! Last week I ahd the same issue. I felt stuck in a way. Then I made a few visits to my blog friends and that did help.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending more hugs.xx
    Have a lovely weekend.. 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending more and more hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Debra x