Pages

Followers

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Topiary Roses

Hi everyone. Hope you're all having great weather where you are. The UK are having some lovely warm weather (but not too warm for me :)) for a change.

I've finally got my lamp, YAY! I managed to get in touch with the company the day of my blog post and received it two days later. I've yet to try it out as I've got cards to make for the shop, where I sell my cards, which don't have any colouring on so I'll tell you next time how I get on with it.

Today's card is one with just stamping using Card-io stamps. These sell well at the shop as they are cheaper to buy than my all singing, all dancing shabby chic cards which are in boxes.



The inside and the envelope flap.....



I've just realised it looks like I've stamped my watermark inside the card, lol!

Card Ingredients.

Card Blank- 6" x 6" Craftwork Cards.
Stamping Card- 14½cm x 14½cm from stash.
Stamps- Card-io 'Rural Retreats (flower pots)', 'English Rose (roses & thorny branch)', 'Pottery Petites (other foliage)' & 'Posh Pots (stem? trunk? not sure what you call it, please enlighten me if you know :D)'.
Sentiments- Sentimentally Yours from Phil Martin 'Scribbled Sentiments'.
Inks- VersaColor
Foliage- 'Laurel Leaf' & 'Green Tea'.
Pots- 'Chateau Gray' & 'Charcoal'.
Roses- 'Ash Rose' & 'Burgundy'.
Butterflies- 'Charcoal'.
Other Stuff- DecoArt Glamour Dust in 'Crystal'.

It's nice just to do stamping alone to make a card sometimes and quite therapeutic with the tiny Card-io stamps too.

Chris and Lexi are still in NZ and having fun although we've not heard much from them as the Internet is quite bad there and they don't like paying for it in the hostels they're staying in but we've seen the photos they've put on Instagram and they look happy :).

That's it for today but watch out for a separate post with my Candy Giveaway on later. Bye for now.

Debra x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Debra, a stunning card and quite different to your usual style, I love the row of rose bushes and all the butterflies going this way and that. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love Cardio stamps and your deisgn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a wonderful card. Love the design and beautiful flowers.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra, I'm so glad you finally got the lamp!!! Waiting to see your next creations with it's help! :) Today card and envelope are soooooo sweet! The topiaries (I'm not sure that "topiary" is the right name of these flower pots in english)look amazing all toghether with the lovely roses and I just LOVE all these fluttering butterflies and the fancy sentiments! Beautiful and delicate choice of colours and the matching envelope is a so classy touch!!
    So glad that your son and fiancè are well and having a good time in NZ!
    Hugs! Enjoy spring time (summer will arrive soon!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning. Love the card and envelope and you are clever and inspiring. You will find the lamp a great asset, I have one for my parchment work and it's fabulous. Take care, hugs.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, Debra
    aAbsolutely awesome and the details...I love it!
    You have made lovely lot of cards in the last time!
    sending hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning design Debra, love the topiary stamped image and fun folds.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this design and gorgeous envelope another great idea. I love this stamp as well. I can remember we had internet problems in NZ and the hotels charged a lot as well. Enjoy the lovely weather Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card and the matching envelope looks really professional. I have some Christmas cardio sets and they scare me!! You have got them "just right" the layering and colours are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, I love your stamping, so classy, beautiful flowers and tiny butterflies.
    great news about the lamp!
    I always love to read about your son and fiancè's trip :)
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and such a pretty image. The flowers are so delicate and the butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just looking through your blog DEbra, you make so many beautiful cards n things I really hope you get back on your feet and make more...think of you a lot and hope you are okay.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Debra x